IUGS: organising a web-meeting (10th of October) as part of its 60th Anniversary celebration.
The Executive Committee of the International Union of Geological Sciences (IUGS) at its 77th meeting in Paris (16-18 March 2022), unanimously approved the “International Union of Geological Sciences Manual of Standard Methods for Establishing the Global Geochemical Reference Network”, compiled by the Commission on Global Geochemical Baselines, to be published as a formal IUGS Publication for its 60th Anniversary celebration.
For the promotion of the IUGS-CGGB Standard Methods Manual, the IUGS, as part of its 60th anniversary celebration, is organising a web event on the 10th of October 2022 between 15:00 and 16:30 (British Standard Time). The title of the event is:
A Planetary Health Check: Establishing Global Geochemical Baselines
It is required that you register for this event in order for the IUGS event organiser to send you the hyperlink for your participation:
The 10th of October 2022 event is organised in two parts.
First part: Keynote talks - Chaired by Dr. Anna Ladenberger and Professor John Ludden (IUGS President)
- Overview of impacts of water quality on human health by Professor Hassina Mouri (IUGS Vice President)
- Metal mining impacts on river systems: a first global assessment using floodplain sediments by Professor Mark G. Macklin
Second part: Global Geochemical Baselines Talks - Chaired by Mrs. Gloria Namwi Simubali
- Introducing the need - The role of Global Geochemical Baselines in the 21st century by Dr. Anna Ladenberger
- The history of Global Geochemical Baselines by Dr. David B. Smith
- Standardisation of sampling and analytical methods for the development of a harmonised global geochemical database by Alecos Demetriades
- Development of reference materials by Dr. Kate V. Knights
- Preparing data for seamless geochemical maps by Dr. Christopher C. Johnson
- The role of geochemistry in forensics by Dr. Patrice de Caritat
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please circulate this information within your Geological Survey, University, Institution and organisations in your country that may be interested.
Important - Do not forget to register at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/a-planetary-health-check-establishing-global-geochemical-baselines-tickets-423553940237